Monday, December 8, 2014

Oh don't mind that sound, it's just the toilet flushing...

Today, while speaking with the receptionist as I scheduled a personal appointment, I automatically flushed the toilet as I finished my business. I hear the other line go silent. Opps, I'm on the phone. Awkward, was the thought that formed in my head. Do I apologize? Do I act like it was nothing? Ya, act like it was nothing, I say to myself. "So uh, yea, that time will work. Thank you for your help." I quickly hang up the phone. Insert embarrassed face here.

I also got some really weird stares today from people passing by, as I sat in my car, phone in one hand with the First Presidency Christmas Devotional on, burrito in the other, during my thirty minute lunch break. Yesterday I attended church for the first time in a few months after consistently going for quite some time (I've been out of town or had papers I needed to do, etc) and some girl asked if I was new to the ward... yea, no but thanks for asking...

Also, when am I suppose to find time to work out and get this hot slim body that guys want? Like I don't have time for that! Freshman 15?! Pshh, grad school 30...

Soooooo... I know I am not the first ever person to work a full time job and go to graduate school full time, but DAYYUMMM (I'm not keen on "ghetto" words, but the emphasis was surely needed) it's not easy. My grad program is accelerated so classes are only 8 weeks. Yea, that sounds nice, however it means that basically you have a 5-6,7,8+ page paper due every week along with other small assignments on top of reading. Oh and the only break is two weeks during Christmas, no summer or anything else... yeaaaaa. Then at my job, I have 19 cases I manage which entails a lot of different things like court hearings, providing life skills, family coaching and support, documentation, attending medication appoints, you named it I'm sure I do it, as well as running a group once a week for 13+ kiddos. Do not get me wrong, I am very happy with where I am at... But it's a lot to balance, so if I call you on the phone and you hear the toilet flush, don't mind the sound and feel privileged we are getting the chance to talk... I am just trying to balance it all. What the eff am I doing blogging? I need to get back to my paper....


No comments:

Post a Comment