Saturday, May 16, 2015

2 months; 2 five K's


My lovely friend Darla (from my grad cohort class) and I signed up for a 5K Color Obstacle Rush on April 18th. 

I've never been a runner, like literally if I ran, I felt like dying, but a few months prior to this, I started to run in hopes I would develop a love for it and get in shape. The love didn't come (well slightly; emphasis on slightly), but I realized it was a good way to get in shape and it helped prep for this 5K.

Here is the before and after for April...








Almost a month later (2 days short of a month) we participated in the Color Obstacle Rush in Tucson. 
There were some hiccups in the Phx one (like no foam!) and so the company gave everyone who participated in the Phx one the option to do the Tucson one for free.

Darla and I were game...






I have family in Tucson, so one of my sisters and her two little girls were able to come watch and they greeted me with lots of love at the finish line. What a motivator that was!




The color obstacle race was fun... I wonder what's next??

No comments:

Post a Comment